RFI

[RFI] TVI

To: rfi@contesting.com
Subject: [RFI] TVI
From: Ron Feutz <feutz@wctc.net>
Date: Fri, 14 Jan 2005 23:09:18 -0600
RFI'ers,

I put #43 torroids on both the CAT5 input and the power lead (about 12 turns each), and grounded the chassis of the digital convertor to the center screw of the AC outlet, and no improvement in my TVI situation. The only other wire coming out of the convertor is the RG6 cable to the TV distribution system.

I will try a coax choke on the feedline next, but don't expect any improvement from that as I have a 400' run laying on the ground to the six pack switch and the antennas are all beyond that. My shack TV shows no sign of TVI other than the digital signal freezing and then disappearing when I key the rig, so I don't think RF coming in via any coax or control wiring is the culprit. The only time I have consistent problems is on 160 with high power and the 4-square pointed at the house. The problem is sporadic on 80 and 40, where the antennas are dipoles with current baluns. No problems on 20-10.

I would appreciate any suggestions from the experts.

73,

Ron KK9K