RFI

[RFI] FCC fines station for exceeding RF field strength limits (andother

To: rfi@contesting.com
Subject: [RFI] FCC fines station for exceeding RF field strength limits (andother things)
From: "Cortland Richmond" <ka5s@earthlink.net>
Date: Sat, 26 Feb 2005 22:00:03 -0800
http://www.fcc.gov/eb/Orders/2005/FCC-04-297A1.html

excerpt:

  1.   In this Memorandum Opinion and Order (``Order''), we
        deny a petition for reconsideration filed by A-O
        Broadcasting Corporation (``A-O''), former licensee2 of
        FM radio station KTMN, Cloudcroft, New Mexico, of our
        Forfeiture Order issued December 29, 2003,3 in the
        amount of twenty-five thousand dollars ($25,000) for
        willful and repeated violation of Sections 1.1310,
        11.35, 73.1125, and 73.1400 of the Commission's Rules
        (``Rules'').4  The noted violations involve A-O's
        failing to comply with radio frequency radiation
        (``RFR'') maximum permissible exposure (``MPE'') limits
        applicable to transmitters on towers, failing to have
        Emergency Alert System (``EAS'') equipment installed and
        operating, failing to maintain a main studio, and
        failing to have adequate transmission system control.

Cortland
KA5S