RFI

[RFI] triac interference

To: rfi@contesting.com
Subject: [RFI] triac interference
From: John Irwin <crazytvjohn@yahoo.com>
Date: Sun, 27 Mar 2005 09:57:54 -0800 (PST)
dudes
I am constructing a power supply that will use a triac for voltage control.
This unit causes a sound like hissing or light frying on a am radio very near
the unit.
I wish to construct a filter to kill this interference off.  I do not want to
purchase a ready made filter.  I understand the unit should be in a shielded
minibox and the leads filtered.  anyone have the circuit values for filter
chokes and capacitors to fix this problem .and where does one  place the parts
?  on the ac input ,ac output lines?  on the wires to the triac[gate] or across
the whole assembly?    The current flow will be 10-14 amps.  Used on 240vac.
anyone actually succeed in doing  something like this?

john kb9tc