RFI

Re: [RFI] EMI resistant phones

To: mclarson@rcc.com, rfi@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [RFI] EMI resistant phones
From: "Martin, AA6E" <martin.ewing@gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 15 Jun 2005 13:48:56 -0400
Use the 5 GHz phones if you're using 2.4 for ham work, by all means.
However, I've had no trouble with my microwave oven or phones when I
set up my WiFi on channel 11. (If I hold my phone handset right next
to the over (when on), I do hear a little interference, but not very
bad.) Your mileage may vary.  Maybe it would be easier to choose 5 GHz
phones in the first place now, but I got a good deal on older 2.4 GHz
models a year or two ago.

I have a hard time raising anyone on 2 mtrs here in So Central CT.
Who do you talk to on 2.4 GHz? :-)

73, Martin AA6E

martin.ewing@gmail.com
http://blog.aa6e.net