RFI

Re: [RFI] 14028 to 14034 hashbirdietrash

To: rfi@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [RFI] 14028 to 14034 hashbirdietrash
From: Frank Brady <ftbrady@sbcglobal.net>
Date: Sat, 06 Aug 2005 09:32:44 -0500
Hello again,
Regarding the hash trash noise around14029 mhz, I made a recording of about
15 seconds and sent the wav file to Ken ALexander VE3HLS - he put the file
in the UNID section of the sound file library section of his web site.

http://www.ve3hls.com/noise/rfihome.html

So, maybe some of those who responded to my original thread could listen to
the file and weigh in again?

Regarding another noise problem that blankets 20 and 30 meter bands with an
S5 to S7 noise level:
I had another visit from the local power company and they fixed what they
thought may be the problem.
Their repairs had no effect on my noise level.
I asked the comm guy to listen to the hash noise while he was here and he
couldn't even detect it on his expensive receivers.

The power line noise is awful on my TS140s, but the "DNR" DSP NOISE
REDUCTION of my FT100 D knocks the (audible) level way down.

73,
Frank W0ECS