RFI

[RFI] FW: [HDXA-NI0DX] MFJ-1026

To: <rfi@contesting.com>
Subject: [RFI] FW: [HDXA-NI0DX] MFJ-1026
From: "Ed -K0iL" <eedwards@tconl.com>
Date: Sat, 10 Dec 2005 14:25:40 -0600
Some good info on Noise Cancellers.

-----Original Message-----
From: hdxa@yahoogroups.com On Behalf Of Bill Hohnstein KØHA

If anyone is interested reading about the operation of a MFJ-1026
"Deluxe Noise Canceling Signal Enhancer" I've written a fairly detailed
explanation of it on my web site:
http://www.qsl.net/k0ha/ndb/ndb.html
Included is a .mp3 recording showing an example of its operation.
The mentioned site deals specifically with MFJ-1026 use on the airport NDB
beacon frequencies centered around 300 kHz.  I have two more which I
primarily use on 160 & 80 meters, but they also work up to the 10M band.
And the antenna separation required on ham frequencies is less than that
mentioned on my NDB page (25 - 30 feet may be enough on 80M).
I generally use them for signal enhancement or rejection.  They can also
be used for noise elimination >>IF<< the noise is coming from a point
source.  If noise is emanating from a power line or other non-point source,
they won't do much good.  The quality of the antennas used (and their
separation and directivity) will determine the quality of the results.
73,  Bill     K0HA