RFI

Re: [RFI] Power line Noise

To: <mike@rfiservices.com>, "'Fred Stevens K2FRD'" <k2frd@mac.com>,<rfi@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [RFI] Power line Noise
From: "Alan Robinson" <robinsah@engr.orst.edu>
Date: Wed, 7 Jun 2006 19:54:56 -0700
Hi Mike,

Good summary. Thanks for posting it. Here in Western Oregon, where it rains
a lot, then the sun shines, and then the wind blows, I have seen a few cases
where a single source has varied in intensity during the day. Also, we have
some intermittent sources that go on and off while you're standing there
listening with an ultrasonic (Radar Engineers Model 250).

In one case a set of hanging bells was going on and off while gusts of wind
shook them and the pole. As you know, the moister here has a big effect
during the day. As the wooden poles dry out the noise picks up, then later
as they cool in the high humidity the noise frequently quiets down some. In
some of these cases the sparking patterns hardly changes. Just the
intensity.

Anyway, thanks for your service to this reflector. I do appreciate reading
your postings. Also, I certainly enjoyed your great workshop. Very valuable.

73,

Alan, W4LKE