RFI

Re: [RFI] FCC Clamps Down on Power Line QRN

To: tvi-rfi-emi <tvi-rfi-emi@mailman.qth.net>, rfi@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [RFI] FCC Clamps Down on Power Line QRN
From: doc <kd4e@verizon.net>
Date: Thu, 08 Jun 2006 13:05:50 -0500
> FCC Cites Florida Utility for Interference to Radio Amateur
> The FCC has issued a Citation to Lakeland Electric, a municipally owned
> utility in Lakeland, Florida, for violating Part 15 rules by interfering
> with a local radio amateur. §15.5(c) of the FCC rules requires that the
> operator of an "incidental radiator" must cease operating the device after
> an FCC representative notifies the operator that the device is causing
> harmful interference. The "incidental radiator" in this case is overhead
> power lines. Under an agreement, the ARRL and the FCC cooperate in resolving
> cases of line noise interference to Amateur Radio licensees. 6/8/2006 8:58
> AM   Mark Nelson  -  AA6DX

This is wonderful news and a valuable precedent!

Do you have a link to the ruling?  I would be interested
to learn how the complaint was filed and if the FCC
intends to provide an efficient means for other such
interference may be quickly remediated.

Up here in the west Pasco area of FL there are several
spots where one cannot hear an otherwise moderate
strength AM-BC station due to chronic power line
noise.

There is one spot along 19 in New Port Richey where
all AM signals are completely wiped out.  I have
never experienced anything like it elsewhere but
something there just blankets the signals -- it
is as though one has turned down the rf gain!

--
Thanks! & 73, doc kd4e  http://bibleseven.com
Florida Home w/Rohn 45 in concrete base & 10 acres for sale: