RFI

Re: [RFI] IN-band Filters

To: "'RFI List'" <rfi@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [RFI] IN-band Filters
From: "Randy" <hamradio@oz.net>
Date: Wed, 8 Nov 2006 09:30:40 -0800
I sure agree with Jim.  I have an IC746Pro and an IC756Pro3, both of which I
use a lot and like really well (ordinarily).  But last field day on 20 cw
there was a constant S-9 level of hash between signals on the 746Pro
(overload, intermod, etc. from all the big signals on the band at the time)
but switching over to the 756Pro3 the background hash between signals
dropped to about S-1 on the same frequency/antenna. Signals levels remained
about the same.  A very impressive comparison for anyone who heard it.
Except for this sort of extreme situation the 746 is great, but there is a
limit.

de Randy, W7HR
Port Orchard, WA