RFI

Re: [RFI] ROAD RUNNER CABLE INTERNET SERVICE RFI

To: "'Commander John'" <crazytvjohn@yahoo.com>, <rfi@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [RFI] ROAD RUNNER CABLE INTERNET SERVICE RFI
From: "WA3GIN in Alex. City, VA" <wa3gin@erols.com>
Date: Wed, 6 Dec 2006 20:23:05 -0500
Pre-cable Internet there was a local ham that used to run 1kw into a Telrex
TB6EM about 50ft from the cable company's coax.  I could here him on my
cable TV and I knew who it was by his laugh. The cable company went to his
house and determined that several of the main trunk cable connectors were
not properly installed, had poor shield connections to the coax cable and
were allowing the strong 14MHz signal to reach the line repeaters which then
sent the RFI throughout the system.  After they replaced the trunk
connectors the problem was solved.

The good news is that it appears they understand that it is their problem to
solve!

Maybe they'll give your 6 months free cable for being a good sport ;-)

73,
dave
wa3gin