RFI

Re: [RFI] Cordless 5.8ghz phones

To: "Frank T Brady" <franktbrady@comcast.net>, rfi@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [RFI] Cordless 5.8ghz phones
From: "Cortland Richmond" <ka5s@earthlink.net>
Date: Sun, 18 Mar 2007 06:01:36 -0400
I found an RF-proof 'phone at the Marshall (MI) hamfest; it's an old Bell
500 type.  The idea is if a neighbor complains I'm "interfering" with his
telephone I can say "My phone doesn't hear anything!  Yours might not be
working right."  Suspect it might not work on your VOIP.

Some years ago, I went on a trip to a neighborhood where a local AM radio
station was getting into equipment my then-employer had sold the telco.
Oddly enough, it might have been getting into the lines for years, but no
one had complained when it was "Easy Listening" music and news.  The format
at the time I visited, though, was Korean-language religious programming.
Ear of the beholder...

Cortland
KA5S