RFI

Re: [RFI] RFI from Astron power supply

To: rfi@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [RFI] RFI from Astron power supply
From: Bryan Swadener <bswadener@yahoo.com>
Date: Sun, 27 May 2007 14:25:29 -0700 (PDT)
In the late 80s, I worked for 4 years at a 2-way radio
retailer (Amateur, Business & CB).  We handled the
complete line of Astron supplies, and in that 4 years,
I seldom saw one of their products returned as
defective.  Their linear supplies are a classic
design, based on the venerable '723.  Of the few
failures we did see, there were a couple of dead 723s,
a shorted bridge rectifier, and one shorted pass
(TO-3) transistor.  My personal experience is with an
RS20A I bought while employed there.  It has been
continuously energized since then and has been seen
close to full load often -- zero issues.  That's my
$0.02 worth.

73,
Bryan WA7PRC