RFI

Re: [RFI] TNX.

To: "rbaker" <rbaker@cloudnet.com>, <rfi@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [RFI] TNX.
From: "Tom Rauch" <w8ji@contesting.com>
Date: Tue, 11 Sep 2007 12:07:32 -0400
Bob,

It's highly doubtful it is the radio. About a snowball's
chance in Hades.

>        Second--When running "barefoot" problem is
> hardly/not,there.

Standard occurance that really doesn't tell you a thing.

More power = more unwanted RF levels

>        Third-- I replace some cables-eg. between
> radio/Quadra.But
> checking PL-259s,good thot- as it doesn't happen into the
> dummy load, as
> I mentioned.Also,disconnecting the ground entirely.

If you do that and it changes something, you have an antenna
system problem or cable connection problem of some type.

I just checked to see
> if cables were at 90 degrees--they are.

If moving the cables 90 degrees changes something, you have
a antenna system problem or a cable connection problem of
some type.

Let me ask an important question or two.

How far away from the house are the antennas?

What type are the antennas?

Do you have baluns where needed?

How do you route the cables from the antennas? Are they
leaving the antennas properly at 90 degree angles?

Are the cables grounded to a bulk head that is a common
point connection for things entering the shack?

Those are the key issues, although you could have a bad
connection or cable in the shack. How the wires lay and the
fact you have or don't have a ground rod is virtually
meaningless.

73 Tom