RFI

Re: [RFI] Mystery 70 cm Repeater Input RFI/EMI?

To: rfi@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [RFI] Mystery 70 cm Repeater Input RFI/EMI?
From: digital-conjurers@roadrunner.com
Date: Fri, 12 Oct 2007 21:27:21 -0700
All I know is that it's USAF, it rotates, and it's mostly responsible for ATC.

Oh, and it's more like 46 miles...I checked the distance on Google.  I
really doubt it's this...

Added mystery clue:  We just found out that the annoying crackle is mostly
(if not always) absent after midnight.

  I was wondering if this could be some of the EMI/RFI generated by the new
breed of solid-state watt/hour power meters we've heard about; they seem to
have a potential for RFI @ 2 meters, but nothing heard about 440.
(http://www.palomararc.org/Scope/oct07scope.pdf page 2)

If there's a utility that shuts down after midnight, then the power meter
wouldn't be engaged...and no RFI...hmmmm.

-Lin/KJ6EF