RFI

Re: [RFI] Cellphone-Jammer Fad - Harmful to Ham Radio?

To: <rfi@contesting.com>, "Tim Groat" <tcgroat@mesanetworks.net>
Subject: Re: [RFI] Cellphone-Jammer Fad - Harmful to Ham Radio?
From: "Jim P" <jvpoll@dallas.net>
Date: Mon, 5 Nov 2007 21:06:32 -0600
I would say that you are at greatest risk operating within
30' from these devices* - as per the NYTimes story; being
hams, we have the ability, unlike the pooring sitting-duck
wireless subscribers, to actually track these kinds of
interfering sources down.

Personally, I have had more trouble from those so-called
active TV settop antennas and RV-TV antennas than anything
else in the world ...

Jim P // WB5WPA //

* Actually, perhaps more like 100x that distance given
weak signal work. The active TV antennas I've tracked
down were on the order of this far away and up to a
mile and a half away at the furthest.