RFI

[RFI] powerline noise that seems to peak in frequency

To: rfi@contesting.com
Subject: [RFI] powerline noise that seems to peak in frequency
From: Pete Smith <n4zr@contesting.com>
Date: Sat, 08 Dec 2007 17:23:10 -0500
Today, listening on 10m, I noticed that whenever I tuned into the 28400-475
range, there would be a marked increase in what sounded very much like
ordinary powerline noise.  Trouble is, I'm not aware of any mechanism that
could account for this "peaking" in a certain frequency range.  I have
checked the rx, and it has the same apparent sensitivity in that range as
elsewhere in 10m.

73, Pete N4ZR
The World HF Contest Station Database
Full details on 3435 contest stations - hundreds of new and updated listings
Just updated 11/27/07 http://www.pvrc.org/WCSD/WCSDsearch.htm