RFI

Re: [RFI] Honda RFI

To: dgsvetan@rockwellcollins.com, rfi@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [RFI] Honda RFI
From: Jimk8mr@aol.com
Date: Thu, 17 Jan 2008 21:33:25 EST
A few more details, omitted for brevity in my first post:

While the noise is present everywhere, it is not truly broadband. Listening
at HF with the IC-746, it is a series of broadband signals spaced every 20
KHz,  with the noise falling off toward the edge to a fairly quiet KHz or two
between  these signals.  On the IC-746 spectrum scope, it looks like a full
wave
rectified sine wave. Imbedded near the center of each band is a weak CW
carrier,  very slightly unstable in frequency.

On VHF with the AM detector in my FT-7800 it appears as a broadband  signal.

I made those observations a while back. Now that I can create the problem
while parked (by moving the steering wheel), I can safely look further, though
don't expect I could learn much more.

QSL on the use of braid for grounding. I am using #12 TW wire, with lots of
Liquid Electrical Tape covering the connections. I've made a mental note to
check them when snow and salt season is over.

73  -  Jim   K8MR

In a message dated 1/17/2008 6:22:00 P.M. Eastern Standard Time,