RFI

Re: [RFI] UPS Radiated Interference

To: <rfi@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [RFI] UPS Radiated Interference
From: "Alex" <kr1st@amsat.org>
Date: Sun, 27 Jan 2008 11:33:19 -0500
Here's an example of an experience I had with a Cyberpower UPS, model
BC1285C, in May, 2006:

http://www.kr1st.com/bc1285c.htm

The web page only describes a personal experience. This does not mean I
advocate against the use of Cyberpower UPS devices.

In this case the RFI/TVI was propagated via the power cable. I also took a
series of pictures showing the effect of VHF snap-on cores on the power
cable on the TVI I was experiencing (not on the web page). If I remember
correctly, it took 12 cores to get rid of the interference.

I replaced this UPS with an APC XS 1200 that has served me very well with
zero RFI/TVI.

73,
--Alex KR1ST
http://www.kr1st.com