RFI

Re: [RFI] rfi from Refrigerator

To: "rfi reflector" <rfi@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [RFI] rfi from Refrigerator
From: "Jim Brown" <jim@audiosystemsgroup.com>
Date: Mon, 23 Jun 2008 21:54:42 -0700
On Tue, 24 Jun 2008 07:35:53 +0300, Kostas SV1DPI wrote:

>i am afraid that he
>will lough when i tell him that i found a problem with the refrigerator in
>the radio (hi hi)

The way to break that down is to tell him that

1) You view the noise as simply a symptom of some failure in the
refrigerator, and that hopefully it will give him a clue about how to find
the problem

2) The radio noise IS a problem to you, and you need it fixed.

Now, if I were you, I might consider buying a new refrigerator if I had the
money to do so. I don't know how it is in your country, but here in the US,
newer models use much less electricity, so are much cheaper to operate. 14
years is starting to get old for a refrigerator. BTW -- I've never heard of
the Leonard brand. It may be an export brand of a major manufacturer, or
maybe not.

73,

Jim K9YC