RFI

Re: [RFI] Aims 5000 Watt MSW Power Inverter

To: "RFI List" <rfi@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [RFI] Aims 5000 Watt MSW Power Inverter
From: "Jim Brown" <jim@audiosystemsgroup.com>
Date: Mon, 15 Sep 2008 11:29:26 -0700
On Mon, 15 Sep 2008 14:11:07 -0400, kd4e wrote:

>Will watch for a reasonably priced generator

Look at the Honda inverter generators. I bought a big one -- 240V,
6kVA, enough to start and run the motors on my well pumps. About
$3K. For about $900, you can get a 2kVA unit that will probably run
a refrigerator, keep the lights on, and power a 100w ham rig very
nicely. It has an economy mode that is quite miserly on petrol. Our
ham club (NCCC) did a group purchase of 55 of the 2kVA units, a
Honda EU-2000i, a month or two ago. The vendor, Steady Power in MI,
was very accommodating, giving us a nice discount for the quantity,
and shipped them to individual addresses. The member who did the biz
was very happy with the vendor, and the guys are very happy with
their generators. My big one is fairly quite RF-wise, but when I
have time I'll add filtering to make it even quieter.

73,

Jim K9YC