RFI

Re: [RFI] Kenwood TM-D700

To: RFI Reflector <rfi@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [RFI] Kenwood TM-D700
From: Michael Coslo <mjc5@psu.edu>
Date: Wed, 29 Oct 2008 15:27:50 -0400
On Oct 29, 2008, at 3:13 PM, David Jordan wrote:

> Folks,
>
> I just spoke with Kenwood customer service.  They understand the
> problem and
> don't believe they are responsible to resolve the issue.

Are you saying that they say that it is an RF problem due to your
vehicle?

What is the mode?

I wonder why mine will do this with the engine off, no key in the
ignition, and a direct connection to th battery. The only way it could
be less connected to the car would be if I had a separate battery and
disconnected the car radio power.

> In particular the Ford truck's 12vdc circuits are RF and Audio freq.
> rich
> and I have to agree with him. We have ten of these radios dispersed
> at each
> of our county fire stations and not one of them has exhibited the same
> problem, no doubt because they are on 'clean' 12vdc.

We've reproduced the problem in the following vehicles:

Suzuki Vitara
Ford F-150
Plymouth Voyager
Nissan Pathfinder