RFI

Re: [RFI] Car Advice

To: rfi@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [RFI] Car Advice
From: Tim Groat <tcgroat@mesanetworks.net>
Date: Wed, 31 Dec 2008 17:29:45 -0700
> kd4e <doc@kd4e.com>:
> I have not yet tried my FT-857D in our 2008 Chevy Malibu - will do so
> soon and report back.

My wife has an '05 Malibu. I'm curious whether there's been any reported
immunity issues with GM's electronic power steering system (I've never
put a mobile rig in her car, so I have no first-hand knowledge). It uses
a torque sensor on the steering shaft, servo amplifier, and electric
motor in place of the traditional hydraulics. That motor is powerful, so
an RF-induced steering error wouldn't be a pleasant scenario!

--Tim (KR0U)