RFI

Re: [RFI] Car Advice

To: "RFI" <RFI@Contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [RFI] Car Advice
From: Joe <wa6rkn@gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 1 Jan 2009 02:13:31 -0800
Talk about RFI and cars....remember back in 68/69 the VW Type III?  Pull up
along side and key down (At full power....100 watts or better) on 10 or 11
meters and it would shut the car down instantly.

We had so many of them come in with the same complaint, "I was driving along
when it suddenly quit.  Then it started right back up before I came to a
stop and has been fine ever since!"  Or something similar.  Didn't take the
dealers long to finger out the cause and get VWoA to order the needed
changes at Bosch to prevent that from happening.

We used to get quite a kick out of the complaints.  (At the dealerships!)

Joe Wolfe
WA6RKN