RFI

[RFI] 2nd harmonic help

To: rfi@contesting.com
Subject: [RFI] 2nd harmonic help
From: Ken Eigsti <diverken@chaffee.net>
Date: Tue, 3 Feb 2009 18:39:46 -0700
Hi
My first post to this reflector and if it is redundant, please forgive.

Problem: I am running Two ICOM 756PRO3's in a SO2R configuration. I have ICE
filters in line with both rigs. When operating on 40 the 2nd harmonic is
wiping out 20 meters on the second radio. I have had others suggest to use
some ferrite chokes. I might add I am mainly in the RTTY contests and the
2nd harmonic of 7040 is 14080,right in the rtty band on 20.

Just wondering which type? Use the "rods" and tape the coax parallel to the
coax? Or the clamp on type that clamp around the coax? Or???.and best place
to get them? Any suggestions will be helpful..

73 and thanks
Ken W0LSD