RFI

Re: [RFI] Dimmer Switch Help

To: "R March" <n7ua@embarqmail.com>
Subject: Re: [RFI] Dimmer Switch Help
From: "Howard Lester" <hlester@dakotacom.net>
Date: Fri, 13 Mar 2009 13:43:00 -0700
Bob, I have a pocket SW receiver (Eton Mini 300PE) that's pretty sensitive.
At the low end of the AM BCB I have to walk 15 feet away from the dimmer to
eliminate the noise. Up at 1700 KHz the distance is 7 feet. But the top ends
of all bands on this radio drops in sensitivity for some reason.

At 5.8 MHz (the bottom of the first shortwave band) the distance from the
dimmer is maybe 10 feet before the noise is eliminated.

The Lutron dimmers I have... one uses a slider with a knob that is
horizontal and oblong. There is a rocker switch below it. The assembly fits
into a wall plate that has a 1-1/4" x 2-9/16" rectangular opening. The other
dimmer is a pure standard toggle that has a tiny slider to the right of the
toggle. The slider goes up and down and is practically touching the toggle.
They seem to be equally effective.

Howard