RFI

Re: [RFI] Coaxial Choke

To: "RFI List" <rfi@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [RFI] Coaxial Choke
From: "Jim Brown" <jim@audiosystemsgroup.com>
Date: Sun, 19 Apr 2009 23:43:23 -0700
On Thu, 16 Apr 2009 08:45:26 -0700, Lee K7TJR wrote:

>I think the RF engineers have been mischaracterized just a bit. Take for
>instance
>Messrs Packard, Hewlett, Vollum, and nameless others

How many of them has designed an ANTENNA with anything approaching the
percentage
bandwidth of an audio system?  And how many decades passed before HP produced
an RF
generator or analyzer that covered the percentage bandwidth of an audio system?

I'm not denegrating the discipline of RF engineering, but rather observing that
audio can be FAR more complex than RF, and that I've seen some very good RF
engineers screw up badly below 100 kHz. Witness the K3 (which I own and love).

73,

Jim Brown K9YC