RFI

Re: [RFI] RF Feedback - FL7000 AMP

To: rfi@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [RFI] RF Feedback - FL7000 AMP
From: Tony <dxdx@optonline.net>
Date: Wed, 19 Aug 2009 14:42:17 -0400
Don,

> It's not an RF feedback issue. The FL7000 is super touchy on overdrive in
> SSB

I'm glad you mentioned this because the protection circuit was tripping on
several bands before I installed a line isolator on the feed lines.

It doesn't trip at all now even when I forget to set the proper drive level.
This is the reason why I thought it must be an RF issue; or at least part of
the problem.

The only band left to cure is 20 meters. The protection circuit trips on
certain segments of the 20 meter band and of course, only in SSB. Peak
output is fine.

I guess the thing to do is mod the amps protection circuit and be done with
it. I just hope it's not too involved.

Thanks,

Tony -K2MO