RFI

[RFI] RFI Quiet Washing Machine

To: RFI List <rfi@contesting.com>
Subject: [RFI] RFI Quiet Washing Machine
From: kd4e <doc@kd4e.com>
Date: Tue, 08 Sep 2009 17:43:37 -0500
Hi doc,
I have a Fisher-Paykel top loader washer that uses a stepper
motor and
no mechanical transmission. On 80-10 meters there is NO RFI
detected.
The loop antenna is less than 20 feet from the washer. The
600 ohm open
wire feed line is less than 12 feet from the washing machine
and dryer.

This is a top loader with the model number of GWL 11. There
is also no
RFI from a top loading gas dryer that make. The dryer model
number is:
DGGX1. Both are excellent appliances and we have used them
for more than
6 years. They clean and dry with excellent results. The
acoustical noise
from each appliance is moderate.

None of the appliances are sensitive to RFI at 1500 watts on
80-10
meters. I do not work 5 MHz or 10 MHz.

Please post this to the RFI reflector as the information
might be a help
to others. By the way I do RF and RFI (FCC etc.) for a living.

Thank you,
Russ, NM6DX

--

Thanks! & 73, doc, KD4E