RFI

Re: [RFI] Electric blankets

To: "RFI" <RFI@Contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [RFI] Electric blankets
From: Joe <wa6rkn@gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 18 Nov 2009 08:03:26 -0800
I am sorry....I know this is a serious subject, but the humor in 40 meters
affecting an electric blanket's control is just too good to ignore.

Nothing said about turning the control on, but..what if.....Early, one very
chilly morning, 40 meters is open to where-ever...you fire up the amplifier
and swing the beam xxxward.  You don't think about it pointing over your
nearest neighbor's house.  THERE..weak, but from "I gotta have it land" so
you give it all you've got to make that contact, when suddenly, you hear
from your neighbor's house..."HEY!!  Who in the heck turned up my electric
blanket control???  It's melting my pj's!"  Or, "HEY!  Who in the heck
turned off my electric blanket??  I'm freezing in here!"  (Needless to say,
those would NOT be the exact words used, but I can't say them on the air, so
why should I say them here??!!)

My apology to the group...in my mind, it was just too funny to pass
up......Humor in the morning isn't bad, is it??

Now, back to the serious business of interference.....

Joe Wolfe
WA6RKN
Reno, Nevada