RFI

Re: [RFI] 20M Hash

To: <w4lde@numail.org>, "RFI - Contesting.com" <rfi@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [RFI] 20M Hash
From: "W9RPM" <john@w9rpm.com>
Date: Mon, 21 Dec 2009 16:43:12 -0600
Ron, thanks alot. I did call the power company and they have been around,
but if the noise still persists after the Holidays, will call another guy
who went to Mike Martins workshop, and they have bought some equipment also.

I did check all the power in my house. The noise is the strongest to the WSW
of me, and that may help because of the fact that the backwaters of the
Mississippi River are just 2 blocks away.

The noise is pretty constant. Stays at about S9 that direction, and goes
down as far as S2-3 to the side. I did forget to mention before that it
started after we had the Blizzard with 17" of snow here 2 weeks ago. It is
ONLY on the 20M band. I can work pretty much anyone I want because the
conditions have been better. On CW it isn't a problem as not much DX that
direction HI HI. I am sure that it will be tracked down.

I will mention the cable company when they come back. 73 and Merry Christmas
to all!!!   John W9RPM
EMAIL: john@w9rpm.com
WEBPAGE: http://www.w9rpm.com/
DX and CONTEST CLUB: http://www.w9idx.com/