RFI

Re: [RFI] RFI from flat screens?

To: "rfi@contesting.com" <rfi@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [RFI] RFI from flat screens?
From: "Jim Brown" <jim@audiosystemsgroup.com>
Date: Fri, 15 Jan 2010 08:47:59 -0800
On Fri, 15 Jan 2010 05:54:29 -0600, Tad Danley wrote:

>The XYL says she needs a new flat screen TV for her office, and I need
>to make sure it doesn't wipe out my HF/VHF/UHF receivers.  It has been 5
>years since I bought a TV, which technology is not going to give me RFI
>headaches?
>LCD
>LED
>Plasma

Based on many posts on this and other reflectors and my own limited
experience, you want an LCD set. Sony and the major Korean mfrs have
received lots of positive recommendations. I bought a Sony XBR6 a year ago,
and am quite pleased. Plasma sets are widely reported to be RFI generators,
and suck about 50% more watts than LCDs. I pay a lot of attention to
Consumer Reports data for reliability, but let my EE and professional
background override some other elements of their reviews. :)

For more info, use the search feature on contesting.com.

73,

Jim Brown K9YC