RFI

Re: [RFI] router birdies

To: rfi@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [RFI] router birdies
From: George Gorsline VE3YV <ve3yv@pathcom.com>
Date: Fri, 12 Mar 2010 12:46:04 -0500
I've had success with old AM RF ferrite loopstick rods, picked up at a
flea market - material unknown.  Wrap as many turns of each cable around
a rod as fit (8-10) and tape.  Do for all cables and on the wall wart
for the router.  Ditto at the other end of the cable at each computer.
(and for that matter, add a rod for each speaker lead, mouse, keyboard,
printer cable).  Have not had reasonable success with wireless staying
connected for telnet, which is needed for cluster spots, so sticking
with wired.  Using older CAT3 (pulled out of office renovation scrap),
but can approach 100Mbits for file transfers computer to computer.  Most
birdies I still have are from neighbours - routers, PVRs, HD boxes, and
who knows what else - joys of an attached rowhouse in the urban core.

--

73,  George VE3YV / K8HI