RFI

[RFI] Fwd: [CQ-Contest] Kenwood ts-850sat RFI issues

To: rfi reflector <RFI@contesting.com>
Subject: [RFI] Fwd: [CQ-Contest] Kenwood ts-850sat RFI issues
From: Dennis Vernacchia <n6ki73@gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 15 Mar 2010 01:29:06 -0700
From: Bob AD5VJ <ad5vj@ad5vj.com>
Date: Sun, Mar 14, 2010 at 9:02 PM
Subject: [CQ-Contest] Kenwood ts-850sat RFI issues
To: cq-contest@contesting.com

I have had no RFI issues using the same antennas and setup with any other
rig and computer control for over 5 years until setting up this Kenwood
TS-850SAT.

Anyone using a Kenwood ts-850sat please email me off list if you have solved
an issue with rf interference interrupting your computer control.

 Present interface cable with built-in level converter is from:

http://www.g4zlp.co.uk/unified/KenwoodCAT.shtml

If there is a known problem with this cable also please let me know as well.

I really don't want to invest in filtering it up and modifying it for
contesting if it has an inherent problem living in a ham shack.

73,
Bob AD5VJ