RFI

[RFI] Another one?

Subject: [RFI] Another one?
From: "Roger (K8RI)" <k8ri@rogerhalstead.com>
Date: Mon, 05 Apr 2010 21:02:45 -0400
I don't know if this is the same, or same type of device as the Ooma
VOIP phone hub, or even if it's local...yet.
I'm not normally on 40 in the afternoon, but about a week ago I picked
up a new amp and have been getting back on the air a lot more even if
the only antennas working right now are the center fed, half wave,
sloping dipoles for 75 and 40.  None of the antennas in the big array on
top of the tower are even hooked up.
But...as I was tuning around I noticed a big "hump" around mid band. It
was about 20 over 9 and roughly 15 KHz wide. It (the center) tended to
drift very slowly between 7.145 and 7.158. It had a slight warbling, or
burbling sound much like faintly hearing an aquarium on top of what I'd
describe as being close to white noise.

The next step is to see if it stays around and find out if it's local or
not. "I think" it's local,but it's going to take time to run it down and
then pin it down.

73

Roger (K8RI)