RFI

Re: [RFI] Ultrasonic Line Noise Detectors

To: Jimk8mr@aol.com
Subject: Re: [RFI] Ultrasonic Line Noise Detectors
From: "Rick Karlquist" <richard@karlquist.com>
Date: Mon, 26 Apr 2010 18:38:24 -0700
The QST project reportedly works, but is far from an optimal design.
The high gain (read narrow beamwidth) transducer recommended
doesn't properly illuminate the very low f/d dish and the
frequency down conversion scheme adds needless complexity.
I built my own version using the widest available beamwidth
transducer and a simple envelope detector that hears 60
Hz modulation on the narrowband 40 kHz signal.  I mounted
a green laser pointer on it to illuminate the point on the
pole that I am pointing at.

Rick N6RK