RFI

Re: [RFI] RFI into 6-pack

To: "RFI" <RFI@Contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [RFI] RFI into 6-pack
From: "Jim Brown" <jim@audiosystemsgroup.com>
Date: Tue, 17 Aug 2010 07:57:35 -0700
On Tue, 17 Aug 2010 03:55:07 -0400, Roger (K8RI) wrote:

>  On 75 the control boxes for the 6-pack light up like a Christmas tree

Does the control box DO anything wrong besides light up?

>when the output passes 1KW and that's with 6 turns of control cable
>through two 2.4" OD cores of #31 mix

For 75M, more turns through those cores (or more cores) would likely move
the resonance down a bit, and might help. Something like .001 discs, very
short leads.

I would also try RF bypass caps from those control lines to common in the
box.

Another question. What is the control cable? Twisted pairs? Parallel
wires? Shield? If so, what kind of shield, exactly?

73, Jim K9YC