RFI

Re: [RFI] RFI from new Hi-efficiency furnace?

To: "Mel Crichton" <kj9c@iquest.net>, <rfi@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [RFI] RFI from new Hi-efficiency furnace?
From: "Gary Smith" <wa6fgi@sbcglobal.net>
Date: Thu, 28 Oct 2010 08:52:34 -0700
  From: Mel Crichton
  To: rfi@contesting.com
  Sent: Wednesday, October 27, 2010 9:41 AM
  Subject: [RFI] RFI from new Hi-efficiency furnace?

  Looking to replace old furnace with new 95% efficient unit. (Air conditioning
won't be changed out as it works fine and no RFI)

  I plan to stay away fom variable speed drive on the primary fan to avoid
traditional RFI from VSD untits, but most all units have ECM (electronic
control module) on the smaller combustion air blower. Some even have DC motors.

  Any experience (good or bad) with these high efficiency furnace units? (RFI
in or out?)  Looking at Carrier and brands made by Carrier  (Kenmore, Bryant)

  Mel KJ9C