RFI

Re: [RFI] Direct TV DVR problems

To: rfi@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [RFI] Direct TV DVR problems
From: Howard Lester <howard220@gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 2 Nov 2010 13:52:11 -0400
Tom, start here at the Fair-Rite site.

http://www.fair-rite.com/cgibin/catalog.pgm#select:where4

 Click on the big blue buttons for Suppression, then Cables, then either
Round Cable EMI Cores or Round Cable Snap-Its, and find #31 material. The
chart seems to default to #31, but there are tabs at the top of the chart
where you can select other types of material.

The ferrites come in all sizes. The stacked pair I described earlier is
1.40" I.D. and I could get 6 turns of RG-59 size coax through it. But for
the smaller audio/video cables you've got running to your DVR, at least...
you might be able to use the smaller, less expensive ones. I see that
#2631803802 (second from the bottom) is the size I referred to above. It's
2.40" O.D. There's one more size larger: 4" O.D.  In general, you just want
to get as many turns as possible through the toroid, so you have to take
into account the size of your various cables' end fittings.

Howard  N7SO