RFI

Re: [RFI] RFI and furnaces

To: rfi@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [RFI] RFI and furnaces
From: Chuck Shinn <chuck.shinn@verizon.net>
Date: Sat, 13 Nov 2010 10:12:41 -0600
Along with the furnace proper, do not neglect the connecting pipes and
conduits. I recently found a VERY noisy gas line and connector to my
tankless water heater which produced as much QRN as any other closely
coupled wiring or guttering etc. I used large ferrites on my flexible
conduits and gas line and also snapits on my AC condenser copper
plumbing to reduce/eliminate the QRN. Other recent examples of unlikely
sources include water mains connected to direct drive washers which
excite associated cold water plumbing in a home. Sniffing is the only
way to find this stuff. The opportunities are endless it seems. Best,
Chas W5PG