RFI

Re: [RFI] Kenwood TH-F6A and RFI detection

To: jim@audiosystemsgroup.com, rfi@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [RFI] Kenwood TH-F6A and RFI detection
From: Tony <dxdx@optonline.net>
Date: Sun, 27 Feb 2011 01:30:57 -0500
Hi Jim,

The noise is strongest on 20 meters and above so I can use the SMA
input. I have a 3 foot in diameter hand-held loop that tunes 40 though
10 meters using a variable capacitor. It would be hard to stay
inconspicuous carrying the big loop though. Might be best done after
sundown ;  )

I use this loop for QRP portable and often work DX with it on CW. I'm
hoping it will be enough to boost signals on the TH-F6A. The antenna
does have some deep nulls so that should help with DF.

Tony -K2MO