RFI

[RFI] New to list...

To: <rfi@contesting.com>
Subject: [RFI] New to list...
From: "Larry Parker" <ve3edy@cogeco.ca>
Date: Wed, 6 Apr 2011 09:56:51 -0400
Hi Dave,
 I had a similar RFI problem as you are having a very broad band static
covering all of 160m,80, and 40m.
It turned out to be  the undercounter low voltage pucks lighting in my
recently purchased new home.
At first I blamed sources outside of the QTH as to where the noise was coming
from.
Driving around the block lead me back to my QTH as the source of this RFI when
the
lighting was turned on.
It was the low voltage power supply which converts 120 vac to 12 vac operating
at 20 khz. which supplies the
voltage to the halogen lamps.
This under counter has unsheilded GTF wire daisy chained with three puck lights
on an approx 4 foot long harness.
In my case I had two sets of this lighting (6 lamps) in total generating this
RFI.
Possible you have a neighbor doing some renovations to a kitchen that may be
the source of your RFI.
It took me at least three months to final realize it was my location at fault.

 Good Luck