RFI

Re: [RFI] LED streetlight noise.

To: <rfi@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [RFI] LED streetlight noise.
From: "KD7JYK DM09" <kd7jyk@earthlink.net>
Date: Mon, 2 May 2011 18:11:53 -0700
: I've noticed excessive RFI coming from LED traffic lights ...
:  the red/yellow/green type....

In my old truck I was constantly monitoring Class C transmissions on HF,
USB, pre-amp, no squelch, so I could always hear the slightest increase in
noise, for example the Toyota hybrids, bloody things can be heard almost a
quarter mile down the highway.  I never noticed any noise from the LED
traffic lights, which we have had here for quite some time, but the
streetlight overpowered the various hash my truck generates, which
eliminates the AMBC band, so the lights have to be really bad.

Hoping to get HF in the truck this summer, then I'll know more, well maybe
not, but I'll hear more noise!

Kurt