RFI

[RFI] Help with Fighting RFI

To: rfi@contesting.com
Subject: [RFI] Help with Fighting RFI
From: "Bruce/Edith Goldstein" <wa3afs@nycap.rr.com>
Date: Sun, 12 Jun 2011 15:48:47 -0400
This may be a slow way to fight RFI, but may help if enough of us occassionally
remind organizations
that test products that there is a PROBLEM that they are not testing and
reporting....
The following is the response I received when I asked Consumer's Reports to
expand their product
testing for any electronic products (appliances, computers, TVs , etc) that is
plugged in or recharged.
Maybe if enough of us send emails/letters (I sent mine via internet at
ConsumerReports.org/lettertoeditor )
Thanks for taking the time to contact Consumer Reports. It is always a
pleasure to hear from our readers.
We appreciate your suggestion that we include information on any excessive
production of Radio Frequency Interference (RFI) in our reports on
electronic appliances. I'd like you to know that I have forwarded your
correspondence to the appropriate editors and technicians for their review
and consideration. From correspondence like yours, we get great story
ideas, as well as a first-hand feel of the type of information our
subscribers want.
Thanks again for taking the time to write. Your interest in our work is
greatly appreciated.