RFI

Re: [RFI] RFI to netgear router

To: rfi@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [RFI] RFI to netgear router
From: K8RI <k8ri@rogerhalstead.com>
Date: Sun, 14 Aug 2011 02:04:09 -0400
On 8/6/2011 2:24 AM, Brian Reid wrote:
> Thanks to everyone for the responses. I'll try to answer the questions asked
> of me and suggestions made all in one.. As far as the location of the router
> versus the antenna/feedline.... I live in a 2 story brick rowhome. The shack
> is in the basement, with feedline running a short distance to the outside,
> and then to the roof. There is a choke balun in place from when we installed
> the antenna, and it was made using a folgers coffee can.

Choke balun using a coffee can? Do you mean you wound a solenoid coil on
the can?  These usually are not verry effective.
Check out www.audiosystemsgroup.com/RFI-Ham.pdf and look over the baluns
used there.  They are very effective. I use them on virtually all of my
antennas except 2-meters and 440.

73

Roger (K8RI)