RFI

Re: [RFI] RFI to and from adjacent cell site

To: rfi@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [RFI] RFI to and from adjacent cell site
From: Jim Brown <jim@audiosystemsgroup.com>
Date: Fri, 02 Sep 2011 18:42:27 -0700
On 9/2/2011 4:42 PM, Patrick wrote:
> Does anyone have any personal experience with living adjacent to a cell
> sight with HF gear?

N6RO had one on his property, and it generated massive birdies on the HF
bands. He got rid of it.  As far as I know, they had no problems with
his big station (six towers, multi-op).

That's only one case I know of.  Something to consider is that no one
pays any attention to trash on the HF bands when they're testing for
emissions compliance, or if they do, they don't test with the wires
attached that radiate the trash.

One test that you could certainly do is put an HF rig in a mobile (or
borrow a friend's mobile for a day) and see what you hear over there.

73, Jim Brown K9YC