RFI

Re: [RFI] BCB interference on 160

To: "rick darwicki" <n6pe@yahoo.com>, "Group Topband" <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [RFI] BCB interference on 160
From: "Jeff Blaine" <jeff@ac0c.com>
Date: Tue, 13 Sep 2011 21:47:06 -0500
Rick,

For the HPF option, see this:

http://www.ac0c.com/main/page_antennas__homebrew_clifton_labs_z10022a.html

73, Jeff ACØC
www.ac0c.com

-----Original Message-----
From: rick darwicki
Sent: Tuesday, September 13, 2011 9:42 PM
To: Group Topband
Cc: Group RFI
Subject: [RFI] BCB interference on 160

Hi all,

I recently built a sheilded RX loop for 160 per N6RKs Contest Jouranal artical.
It is diode tuned and covers about 1.5-4 mhz. I am
hearing two AM radio stations on 1830 khz.
They are 640 and 1190 combined. 640 is a 50KW station about 12 miles east and
1190 runs about 1.5 kw at night.

The anetnna is all sealed up and on the roof. I would like to cure the problem
without changing to back to back tuning diodes.

I'm thinking a series trap tuned to 1190 or 640 or both. Maybe a high pass
filter.

Any suggestions? I can built it, I don't want to spent $200 for the W3s
highpass hi hi

Thanks,

Rick, N6PE