RFI

Re: [RFI] Compuer lockup

To: Rfi List <rfi@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [RFI] Compuer lockup
From: Michael Coslo <mjc5@psu.edu>
Date: Thu, 23 Feb 2012 18:23:07 -0500
On Feb 22, 2012, at 6:57 PM, Roger (K8RI) wrote:

> On 2/19/2012 1:08 PM, sebdesnCC wrote:
>> Mine just makes the monitor shut down when I set "tune" on the transceiver
>> to make the auto tuner set itself ,other than that all is well..
>

> I've never had a problem bothering the computers, but when I first put
> up the sloping, half wave, center fed 75m fan dipole about the time I'd
> hit 1 KW out strange things would start happening with LEDs for the
> remote antennas switches and the 6-pack control head for SO2R operation
> would light up.

Hi guys, I've been out for a bit, so coming in late here, forgive if this has
already been covered….

Anyhow, the closest thing to a cure all fro RFI getting int to computer and
locking things up is to put a couple ferrites on the mouse cord.

I usually use two  annular ferrites, of a size you can push the USB connector
through, counter wound with as many times as I can fit, and then ty-wrap them
so they don't come apart.

I've cured problems with laptops and desktops running right beside full legal
limit setups.

If this has been solved already, then Oops, my bad!

        - 73 de Mike N3LI -