RFI

Re: [RFI] Is a low pass filter necessary?

To: RFI List <rfi@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [RFI] Is a low pass filter necessary?
From: Andy <ingraham.ma.ultranet@rcn.com>
Date: Fri, 11 May 2012 08:45:46 -0400
> Perhaps new low-pass filters have a higher corner frequency to
> accommodate the rash of HF rigs (and now the Elecraft KPA500
> amplifier) that include 6-meter coverage ...

I thought the ordinary HF low-pass filters were and still are designed
for up to HF only, so they don't pass 6 meters which is VHF.  I
wouldn't expect that to change unless the filter specifically states
it extends to 6 meters, or 2 meters or 440 (since those two are likely
to appear on the current rash of modern all-band rigs).

Andy