RFI

[RFI] RFI Question

To: rfi@contesting.com
Subject: [RFI] RFI Question
From: Dave Cole <dave@nk7z.net>
Date: Sun, 24 Jun 2012 20:32:34 -0700
Hi,

I have a question for all you RFI folks...  I found a Cable Line Amp
which is putting out Ultrasonic sounds, but no detectable RF on 125
MHz...  Is this normal?  It is a trunk amp hanging from the cable trunk.
It is about two blocks from my home, so I do not think that is the issue
here...

Also my 20 over S9 noise is back, I hear nothing from a suspect pole
using Ultrasonic, but I get a very deep null using the MFJ antenna
directly pointing to the pole, and the meter is reading 80 out of 100,
when not nulled.  I also get the picket fence as I drive the power line
leaving the pole in both directions, and it gets lower in level on 125
MHz. as I depart the pole area.  I accidentally leaned, (actually I
tripped and fell into the pole), on the pole while listening to the
noise on 125 MHz, and it changed for the worse, as I hit the pole.  I
don't want to start pounding the pole, so I will be calling the power
company again tomorrow morning.

Any other suggestions as too how to further rule out the offending pole?
I am trying to prove it is NOT this pole, prior to calling the power
folks.
--
Thanks,
Dave