RFI

Re: [RFI] Computer birdies

To: rfi@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [RFI] Computer birdies
From: "Roger (K8RI)" <k8ri@rogerhalstead.com>
Date: Tue, 26 Jun 2012 14:38:09 -0400
On 6/26/2012 10:24 AM, Jim Brown wrote:
> On 6/26/2012 7:16 AM, Steve wrote:
>> Anyone ran into this kind of thing before? Advice as to how to rid
>> myself of these unwanted signals?
> It's the Ethernet stuff related to the router.

It's a growing problem as more and more people install home networks.
Some of these routers are really nasty and can be heard for hundreds of
feet.
It's relatively easy to cure with Jim's approach in most cases, but when
it's one, two, or three houses down the street it gets a lot more
complicated.  It's rare, but I'll swear that some of these routers need
to be put in a grounded metal box.

I hear some weak ones but none from my own network. They're just strong
enough to make weak signal work difficult.

73

Roger (K8RI)